Friday, December 16, 2011

Kindle Cover

I can't believe I started this blog almost 6 years ago. And haven't posted in nearly 5-1/2 years. So much for dedication. I chose the name "Eclectic Lightbulb," because I wanted something that could cover anything and everything. It's not meant to be devoted to quilting or anything else.

I recently purchased a Kindle Touch. I thought it was a good deal, then the deals got a little better the closer to the Holidays it got. Oh well...I've had nearly 3 weeks to enjoy it. I also read Kindle books on my phone, using the free Kindle for Blackberry application. It's very convenient to read on the phone when waiting in a long line at the grocery store.

When I bought my Kindle, the salesman asked if I wanted to buy a case for it. I had just gone to a craft fair and had seen some handmade Kindle cases, so I said I planned to make one. The salesman looked astounded. Apparently, the average customer doesn't make Kindle cases.

I got the directions to make the case here. There are a lot of options out there, but I liked the one that will stand on its own. I found it very easy to put together, and a minimum of sewing skills are needed. Mostly, you need to be able to measure and cut correctly, which is where I had a bit of a problem.

Here is the case closed:

And here is the case open:




Link

No comments: